Monday, August 29, 2011

DIY Canvas Gifts

My daughter just got married and I made her a canvas with wood letters -this was my inspiration

I took a picture of the one I made...but can't find the picture. Anyway the hardest part was finding the wood letters, but between Michaels and Joanne Shop I found them. I had left over letters and was going to my niece's baby shower the day after the wedding (this all took place in Burlington, VT) so I made this canvas for her pirate themed nursery.

I put the letters in a zip lock bag with white paint and smooshed them around till they were covered. Then I went to her registry so I could see what little things to paint on the canvas-whale, compass, and sailboats. I just copied them from the nursery bedding. She sent me this picture of it hung up in the room.
I just saw one on a blog that had the words to "You are my sunshine song" (sorry I can't remember what blog it was)it was in her hallway on three canvases and it looked great ! Have a blessed day.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment