Thursday, October 15, 2009

All Beiges Are Not The Same


I have a room in my house that my husband picked out the color and painted. He went to the paint store and choose his beige...all by himself. Once painted, I couldn't help but "gag" at the pink undertone of the beige. I didn't tell him how "pink" the beige was...he would not have seen it anyway...and have lived with that room for around 5 years. It is an upstairs room the girls used as a den-so I didn't have to look at it too often. Recently, since my girls are off to college ( and one is out of school and living in Vermont) I changed the room around and put a twin bed in the room. I put a pink comforter on the bed and the wall color looked "good"! Maria Kilam of the blog Colour Me Happy has lots to say about beige with pink undertones-and definitely worth reading.

The point is whether it is carpet or paint-this undertone will be important when you get your carpet down and find out it looks awful with your beige and floral sofa.

If you have trouble seeing the undertones yourself-ask the salesperson for help...bring the sample home and put it in your own lighting...you are going to have that carpet for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment