Saturday, October 31, 2009

How to Strip Wallpaper






I went to Burlington this week to strip the 1980's mauve and blue wallpaper off the bathroom walls of my daughter's condo. It came off easily with Dif(well except for those few stupid spots that made the project so aggravating!). The girl at Lowes swears by fabric softener and hot water-much better then Dif she said and not all the chemicals! Chemicals? I was in that 5 x 5 room breathing in chemicals?

Well, after a day of stripping-I had a couple glasses of wine-fell asleep and got up early to start the painting process. Allison wanted green (she had a blue plaid shower curtain?)so I bought a green I thought would be okay(not my favorite wall color) and painted the first coat-ugh! I went to Home Goods and bought a new shower curtain (white with green ribbon sewn on) a new green bath mat and a green toothbrush holder. I also found a picture that would tie in the burgundy vanity top with the new green walls.

Came back and gave it that second coat...okay now it had some depth to it and wasn't so bad. It looks fresh and more open...check out the floor though...my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment