Saturday, May 18, 2013

Condo Kitchen Redo

Well as you know I was up at my daughter's condo in Essex VT (up near Burlington) painting the kitchen cabinets...and visiting of course.

We had decided to go grey on the bottom and I got a Benjamin Moore color (I think it was called Nickel).

 It didn't look very blue...until...

we got it on her cabinets.

We went with it anyway and painted the back wall a light pale grey. We actually just mixed the white from the upper cabinets and grey from the lower till we got a color we liked.

I did prime the bottom cabinets and the back wall (which was chocolate brown) with a grey tinted primer.
 

Now about the hardware.... someone glued on two of the pulls and we cannot get them off !! Next time I am up there I will try soaking them in acetone...I read on google that loosen the glue !

They would look more updated with the " Early American" look gone. Well, that will be for another time !

The mauve colored counter (which we thought we would paint) actually goes well with the grey. The floor is blue and grey diamonds ( I think the condo was built in the 80's) That eventually will be changed but we are trying to work on a tight budget.

Her cat loved what we found when we moved the fridge !

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment