Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Make a table or seat out of reusable bags

I had a small table that I picked up at a tag sale years ago I made a tile mosaic top for it....

No pictures since my 70 lb puppy knocked it over and all the tiles fell out and broke -well it was around 15 years old !



I recently got a reusable bag from the Christmas Tree shops-so cute and beachy I had to do something with it...ah that table ( and it almost went to the curb) !

So I painted the legs red and before they were dry....

I started on the top.  First I put two pieces of yoga mat on the top and stapled them on the sides to give it some cushioning (I would have used form but did not have any plus I am trying to use up this yoga mat) You could use this as a stool, but because it was intended for a table and I didn't reinforce it you'd have to be a little on the light side.

Then I positioned the material on the top how I wanted it ....
Then stapled. Love how it turned out....the corners were tedious but I wrapped it like a package and made the corners fit tight. 


Chris

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I loved this bag's picture and really wanted to do something with it. It's holding up well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That a great reuse for a bag. Great idea to save such a cute table.

    ReplyDelete