Tuesday, April 16, 2013





Can you tell I am on vacation ?? I finished my orb candle holder.  I started with embroidery hoops and stained them brown (with watered down brown paint) then I glued them together.

There it sat for about a month......

But yesterday I decided to finish it up ! I went to Home Depot and got a RustOleum bronze spray paint...it comes out having a hammered finish ( I plan to paint my outdoor lights with it since they are brass "pitted" and ugly- but that's another project).

I sprayed a dill pickle jar's metal lid front, back and sides.

This morning I super glued the lid onto the orb and put the candle in it (flame less)...my husband saw it and said don't burn the house down !

I had a beautiful old bracket that I had gotten at a tag sale and painted it white...I don't love that rusted look. Nailed the bracket up and hung the orb....I love it.

This summer I will put the timer on the candle and enjoy it in the evening as well !




My prayers to all those in Boston that suffered such loss !

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment